Sunday, March 31, 2019

To Rise, a poem of healing

Let me rest this body
that has known pain,
yet still it slips into numbness.
Let me rise,
Your right hand to guide me
and place healing on my lips,
tasting of sweetness and sky.
Oh, let me rise!

I want to soothe this caged-wing soul,
loose feathered and desperate,
let go the moments that slip through,
withering and dull,
so that I can no longer feel 
the glory of You,
though its shadow 
rests upon me like a kiss.

I want to fly with the larks
who rise in exaltation.
They know Your secret name
and sing it, each one, an ascension
into the vastness of sky and wind,
a psalm, 
song, 
a glory.

Oh! Let me rise,
so that my heart rejoices,
so that my being exults,
my body rests, secure
But let me rise and be whole.



Based upon Psalm 16

3 comments:

Pamela Klier-Weidner said...

So beautiful, Stacey. XO

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Thank you for helping us rise.

Shoshana Stombaugh

Betsy Fuchs said...

Stacey a beautiful poem. To quote from verse 11 of psalm 16, you Stacey help to "make known to me the path of light." Not an easy path so all help, especially in the form of this beautiful interpretation, appreciated.