About Me

My photo

I write, mostly to keep my head from exploding. It threatens to do that a lot. My blog is the pixelated version of all the voices in my head. I tend to dive into what connects me to God, my community, my family and my doubt. I do a lot of searching, not as much finding. I’m good with that. I have learned, finally, to live comfortably in the gray. In the meantime, I wrestle with God, and my doubt and my joy.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Speak

Speak
of ritual and rules,
of purity
and piety.
Speak
of celebration,
and time
that drifts and flows
in a spiral of
light and dark
and bounty and decay.
Speak, in each season
of coming and going
and rising
like smoke,
like breath,
effortless as
thought,
and rising,
ever rising
kadosh, kadosh, kadosh.
Speak of light
and dark
and oil
that is holy
and bread that
sustains:
a bounty,
a banquet, laid
before you
in My presence.
Speak of betrayal
and death,
of oaths and lies.

Speak of life
and all that is -
Life, filled and
whole
and pushed to the
edges of everything.
A life that is
filled with weakness
and strength
and holy
and profane.
With sacrifice.
and binding.
This shall be
for all time
in every season
under every sky
empty and filled
broken,
whole.
Speak
of the whole
of life