Monday, May 4, 2015

On the Periphery

Love lives on the
periphery.
it slips about
in liquid
lithesome
ripples,
just out of
the corner of your eye,
like a shadow
or a memory
of smoke
or light.

My heart can feel it,
eager and
quickening,
pulled along a
tidal edge of
desire
and need.

I feel its
electric current
play against my skin,
moving with a
pulse-beat rhythm,
and I long to
follow,
to carry and
be carried
out to the edges,
into the corners
where love lives
and lingers
and slips in
delicate
recursive arcs
that connect
each beat
each breath
each secret and sigh.

My breath is caught
in that slipstream,
a heartbeat stutter,
filled with
shadow,
edged in light.
And there,
love finds me,
naming me-
   inviting me-
      urging me
to dance.

And oh!
I so long
to dance!












No comments: