Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ani Tefillah

I climbed a ladder of light
Spanning a river
   of cool water
      and liquid fire.
There is no space between 
My soul.
No separation from 
My breath.

This river 
That flows through
Dust and heat,
That is light--
   That tastes of summer
      And salt,
         And smells of desire--
This light 
That plays with shadow
And is tangled with
Infinity.

There is no distance from
my heart
that beats in sacred rhythm--
   in pounding
      thrumming
        lightening rhythms--
Urging me to move,
And be still,
And flow with liquid 
Fire.

I am caught--
And I am carried--
And I climb
This ladder of light.
And there,
At the center--
At my beginning, 
At my end,
Which is all of me--
In that place,
I dance 
In the palm of God's hand
And I am whole.

Selah.

No comments: