Saturday, April 7, 2018

Omer, day 7

Omer, day 7

As I stare at the mess that is my kitchen, and I contemplate the discipline of cleaning it, I feel the overwhelming abundance of my life, the grand fullness of it.

And there, nestled in the midst of all that fullness, also lives the general chaos of life - of my life in particular - the chaos that is the opposite of control, the essence of crackling, crumbling, overwhelming fragility.

Abundance and fragility. With every breath: love and fear, full and sere, abundant fragility.

Once we were slaves, now we are free, to face liberation and redemption, the wilderness and the known, the leaving behind and the moving towards. Desert, water, life and war.

An intricate dance, abundantly fragile, in precarious, exquisite balance.

Shavua tov to all I love and hold dear xoxo

No comments: