About Me

My photo

I write, mostly to keep my head from exploding. It threatens to do that a lot. My blog is the pixelated version of all the voices in my head. I tend to dive into what connects me to God, my community, my family and my doubt. I do a lot of searching, not as much finding. I’m good with that. I have learned, finally, to live comfortably in the gray. In the meantime, I wrestle with God, and my doubt and my joy.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

An introduction, of sorts

And so, I make my entrance into the world of social media and launch my blog.


My blog. It sounds so big. It sounds so self aggrandizing. It sounds a bit ominous. And yet...


There is a small voice that is whispering inside my head, some siren song almost too soft to hear, that this is OK. I can write. I can dip and dive into my head and heart, learn something about me, something about you, something about God and grace and life. It's all good, as they say.


I can write, and you can read--- or not. But I can write. In fact, I think I have to write. This is my way, the only way I have found yet, where I can find a way to bridge that unending chasm that stretches between my head and my heart. This is my rant, my prayer, my soapbox. This is my treasure map, I think, where I will scribble in the details as they appear: the dragon lairs that lay dank and dark and befuddle me; the quicksand that masquerades as solid footing, waiting to snag my wandering feet; the havens and resting spots, bits of sudden grace, unexpected and joyous, filled with light and air and laughter. And you, you will hold a torch to help me see in the dark, a hand to hold when I am sure I am lost, a voice to remind me I am not alone.


I can write, and so I will.


I hope you will read this blog, and write back. Engage and argue, participate, think, laugh, cry, get angry, get quiet. It matters. These connections, however tenuous, however virtual--- they matter. Thank you for visiting. Thanks for reading this far. Thanks for sharing this leg of the journey with me.


As ever, as always---

Stacey Zisook Robinson