Wednesday, September 17, 2014

#BlogElul 21 - Change

I am not a fan of change.

But for that matter,
I am not a fan of clinging
as if to save my
Soul,
or shield my
Heart
From something -
anything,
everything -
Some thing
that has wrapped itself around me,
Or that perhaps
I may have agreed
(In some way)
To cling
to that thing,
And so not
Change.

I am not a fan of change.

But oh!
I am so tired of
clinging.
My fingers are cramped
and my knuckles
White.
I haven't moved in so very long.
The view from here
is old,
And frayed
around the edges.

I am not a fan of clinging.

And so I think,
maybe -
Just maybe,
If I let go,
Not with a whoosh,
But a whisper,
A breath
of a prayer,
If I let go
Softly,
I can rest,
Just a bit,
And let the change
that I am not a fan of,
That will happen anyway
Maybe I can just
Let the change in.

And in the letting,
In the release,
In that moment,
So be changed.


(c) Stacey Zisook Robinson
2014

No comments: